A BEAUTIFUL MAUI SUNSET
End a beautiful day on Maui with an adventure taking you to the summit of Haleakala. This sunset tour, with breathtaking and panoramic views of Mount Haleakala at twilight is the perfect place to be. As the sun sets and temperatures cool, this tour offers a spectacular show of mesmerizing light and color.
The tour begins with a hotel pick-up. On the ascent, we will visit Kula Lodge Marketplace, where you can browse unique gift items and enjoy scenic views. Sunset viewing from atop beautiful Haleakala. As we descend Haleakala you can marvel at the stunning views of Maui’s lowlands.
Haleakala Sunset Experience Tour Features
Haleakala National Park
Our mini-coaches will provide all the comfort you need as you ascend to the summit. Relax and marvel at the expansive and sacred volcanic landscape at 7,000 ft above sea level as well as the impressive views of the crater at 9,740 ft. Be amongst native Hawaiian plants and animals at the summit where rare and endemic species thrive and survive.
Sunset At The Summit
A sunset tour of Haleakala is one majestic adventure not to be missed. As the sun sets and temperatures cool, embrace yourself in a panoramic spectacular of mesmerizing light and color. With the sun behind you it makes the colors of the crater more distinguishable. This features as one of Maui’s top attractions.
Haleakala Sunset Experience Tour Details
- Price & Availability
- Activity & Event Itinerary
- Special Instructions
- Cancellation Policy
Hotel pick-up from major Maui hotels
Travel in a mini-coach with panoramic windows
Visit Kula Lodge Marketplace
Views at 7,000 feet elevation at the Haleakala Headquarters
Crater views at 9,740 ft at the Haleakala Summit Visitor Center
See the rare Nene Goose (not guaranteed)
Sunset viewing from summit of volcano
Drive through and enjoy scenic views of Maui’s lowlands
This tour begins with a pick-up at your hotel on Maui in one of our comfortable mini-coaches with panoramic windows for spectacular scenic views, as we ascend Mount Haleakala. Enjoy souvenir gift shopping at Kula Lodge Marketplace along the way.
In the summit area of Haleakalā National Park, we stop to enjoy the best views of a Maui sunset anywhere on the island. Here, high above the clouds, the clear skies, beautiful colors, and other-worldly surroundings make this one of the most memorable experiences you will have in Hawaii.
Price & Availability
7-Hour Haleakala Sunset Tour From Maui Hotels
|AdultsAges 12 yrs+||$143.00|
|ChildrenAges 3-11 yrs||$83.00|
|InfantsAges 0-2 yrs||FREE|
- Apr 1 – Sep 30 (summer schedule): Depart: 2:00 PM Return: 9:00 PM
- Oct 1 – Mar 31 (winter schedule): Depart: 1:30 PM Return: 8:30 PM
Activity & Event Itinerary
- 1:30 pm - Pickup At Your Hotel or Condo
- 3:00 pm - Ascend Haleakala: Incredible panoramic views.
- 4:00 pm - Kula Lodge: Light Shopping & Ocean Views
- 5:00 pm - Haleakala Headquarters
- 6:00 pm - Sunset Viewing At Summit: A celestial kaleidoscope of colors
- 7:00 pm - Descend Haleakala: View of Maui's lowlands
- 8:00 pm - Return to Hotel
Meals are no longer available on this tour.
- This tour is operated on winding roads. It is not recommended for pregnant women or those with back or motion problems.
- Please dress for winter weather. Ears muffs are your friend.
- Hotel pick-up is provided from major Maui hotels. Enter the name of your hotel at time of reservation. We are not permitted to pick up in residential areas or at B&B’s.
- Dress warmly for your Haleakala tour as temperatures fluctuate. This tour is not recommended for people with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude.
- People who have gone scuba diving should wait 48-hours before going on this tour. No refunds if sunset not visible due to inclement weather conditions.
Any request for a refund prior to 72 hours is honored with a full cash refund. No refunds issued for any tours within the 72 hour period, prior to the start of your tour.