Maunakea Sunset & Stargazing Adventure Details
Our journey from sea level to the slopes of Maunakea reveals the wonders and world-class clarity of the Hawaiian night sky.
- Enjoy a picnic dinner
- Your guide will share historic accounts of early travelers through the mountain lands
- Delight in the awe-inspiring sunset over the Pacific
- Sip hot chocolate during your private starshow with an 11” Celestron telescope
Price and Availability
Maunakea Summit & Stars Adventure
|AdultsAges 16 and older||$235.00|
Around 7 to 8 hours.
Easy to Moderate.
Afternoon trips depart daily from Kona King Kamehameha Courtyard Marriott, Queen’s Marketplace in Waikoloa Beach Resort, and Paniolo Greens in Waikoloa Village.
7 to 8 hours round trip.
- Picnic style dinner, assorted teas, hot chocolate, and dessert.
- Warm dinner selections of Beef Stew or Vegan Chili.
- Hot Chocolate and cookies served for dessert.
We provide warm wear including, hooded parkas and gloves.
What to Bring & Wear
Reusable water bottle, closed toe shoes, long pants and a sweatshirt or sweater.
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain.
- We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions.
- Because of altitude this tour is not advised for those with respiratory, circulatory or heart conditions, pregnancy or poor health.
- Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers.
- No children under 16. Other tour restrictions may apply.