Big Island Grand Sightseeing Tour Features
Volcanoes National Park
Experience the raw power of Kilauea Volcano at Volcano National Park. Explore the ancient process of creation and destruction while feeling the heat of steam vents rising from the earth. Take a scenic hike through Thurston Lava Tube and immerse yourself in the awe-inspiring force of nature. At the Visitor Center, discover captivating videos and pictures depicting the volcanic activity. Gain insights into the most recent events that captivated the nation when the lava engulfed vast areas of land in 2018.
Beautiful, Dramatic Waterfalls
Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of Hawaii's most dramatic waterfalls and scenic valleys. Be captivated by the enchanting Rainbow Falls, cascading 80 feet over a lava cave, rumored to be the dwelling place of the ancient Hawaiian goddess Hina. Embark on an unforgettable journey amidst nature's wonders.
Turtles and Punalu’u Black Sand Beach
Experience the unforgettable beauty of Punaluʻu Black Sand Beach with its mesmerizing jet black shores. Coconut palms gracefully line the sandy expanse, while the presence of majestic honu, or Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles, adds to the allure. As you marvel at this natural wonder, please remember to respect, and protect these precious creatures by refraining from touching them and leaving the pristine black sand undisturbed.
Big Island Full Circle Tour Tour Details
See The Entire Big Island In One Day
Limited 12 Guests Per Guide
Volcanoes National Park
Black Sand Beach
Scenic Valleys and Waterfalls
Stops For Meals (purchased on your own)
Kona Coffee, Snacks & Treats Available
11-12 Hrs. 7AM Pickup, Kona Coast
Explore the stunning landscapes and diverse climate zones of Hawaii's youngest and largest island on this immersive full-day nature tour. From desert to rainforest, pasture to dry forest, you'll discover the beauty of 8 out of 13 climate zones in the world as you journey across the island.
The adventure begins with our tour heading south after picking up guests in Waikoloa and Kailua-Kona areas. We will make numerous small stops for views and pictures as we make our way down to South Kona farms, overlooks, a bakery and more.
Take a moment to relax at Punalu'u Black Sand Beach, a scenic spot known for its marine life. Then, prepare to be amazed by the wonders of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Explore steam vents, past lava flow sites, and gaze at the breathtaking Halema'uma'u and Kilauea Iki craters. Embark on a short hike through the Thurston Lava Tube, a natural wonder formed centuries ago.
In the afternoon, you'll discover majestic waterfalls, beautiful Japanese gardens, a wonderful historic core, and cool cultural sites as we explore the town of Hilo. We also visit the stunning Rainbow Falls, an 80-foot waterfall adorned by a grand banyan tree.
Our tour takes us up towards the latest lava field formed from an eruption out of Mauna Loa in 2022. We will stop high above Kona to watch the sunset before bringing guests back to their hotels and resorts.
Don't miss this opportunity to experience the natural wonders of Hawaii's youngest island. Join us for a full day of adventure and exploration you'll never forget.
Price & Availability
11-Hour Big Island Sightseeing Tour From Kona Resorts
|AdultsAges 12 yrs+||$239.00|
|ChildrenAges 2-11 yrs||$229.00|
- Professional guide sharing knowledge of the history, cultures, and geology of the island
- National Park entry fees
- Multiple stops throughout the day
- Umbrellas, binoculars and towels
- Safety and sanitary kit
- Cooler with cold canned, non-alcoholic drinks and water refill for your reusable water flask
- Stops for meals purchased on your own
- Pickup and return to your Kona hotel or Waikoloa resort
- 7:00 AM - Waikoloa Pickup
- 7:50 AM - Kailua Kona Pickup
- 8:05 AM - Alii Drive
- 9:20 AM - South Lava Fields Overlook
- 9:50 AM - South Kona Farm
- 10:30 AM - Punaluu Bakery (breakfast/picnic lunch pickup purchased on your own)
- 11:30 AM - Punaluu Black Sand Beach
- 12:30 PM - Enter Volcanoes National Park
- 1:00 PM - Jagger Museum Overlook
- 1:20 PM - Steam Vents
- 1:30 PM - Kilauea Iki Overlook
- 1:45 PM - Thurston Lava Tube
- 2:15 PM - Volcano House Gift Shop
- 3:30 PM - Mauna Loa Nut Factory
- 4:10 PM - Historic Hilo, Gardens & Rainbow Falls
- 5:30 PM - Kona Sunset Overlook Stop
- 6:00 PM - Return To Waikoloa Resorts
- 7:00 PM - Return To Kailua-Kona Hotels
- Reservations may be canceled and refunded prior to 72 hours of your tour departure
- No-shows and cancellations less than 72 hours in advance are non-refundable